Cleaning your horse's stall is a daily necessity. You'll want to muck the stall quickly, but you have to also clean it thoroughly. Here's a simple 6-step process for speed-cleaning your horse's stall without wasting bedding or making repeated trips to the wheelbarrow.
[Disclaimer: EQUUS may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on our site. Products links are selected by EQUUS editors.]
1. Pick out the large, obvious manure piles and wet spots.
2. Starting at the door, move around the stall in a circle.
3. Sort the bedding as you go. Toss what's clean enough to keep along the walls or into corners. Pile the soiled stuff in the center.
4. After making a circuit or two, depending on the stall's size and efficiency of your efforts, scoop out the soiled bedding in just a few forkfuls.
5. Pull the reserved bedding into the center of the stall.
6. Add a layer of new clean bedding if necessary.