The World Stem Cell Summit (WSCS) announced last week that it will host the Equine World Stem Cell Summit when the 2016 WSCS convenes at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach, Florida December 6-9. 2016. The Summit is the largest interdisciplinary stem cell meeting in the world.
With approximately 1,000 attendees from 40 countries and 225 speakers and program participants, the World Stem Cell Summit is the sole conference uniting the global stem cell community. The inaugural Equine World Stem Cell Summit will for the first time give veterinary researchers and practicing veterinarians the opportunity to showcase the latest research and the impacts of regenerative medicine used in equine practice in an international setting to an audience from both the equine world and the broader stem cell research field.
WSCS16 will include a Public Education Day, free and open to the community with interactive workshops for students and adults.
The Summit will feature advances in equine regenerative medicine with implications for the betterment of human health. Topics planned for inclusion in the Equine World Stem Cell Summit to date include:
- Neurological Applications of Stem Cells in Horses: Feasibility, Safety, and Tracking
- Equine Regenerative Medicine – Clinical Experience and Relevance to Human Therapy
- Orthopedic Applications of Stem Cells in Equine Medicine
- Equine Regenerative Medicine
- Horse Cloning
- How Cellular Reprogramming Will Transform Equine Medicine
- Veterinary Update – Equine Treatment Case Studies
- Regenerative Medicine 101 for Riders, Owners, Trainers and Horse Lovers
- Why Equine Health Matters – Economic Impact of Horse Industry
Equine regenerative medicine speakers announced for the preliminary program include:
- ROGÉRIO MARTINS AMORIM, DVM, MSC, PHD of Brazil
- JOSE B. CIBELLI, DVM, PHD of Michigan State University
- PABLO ESPINOSA, DVM of the University of California at Davis
- ROBERT J. HARMAN, DVM, MPVM of VetStem Biopharma
- MATHIEU SPRIET, DVM, MS of the University of California at Davis
The World Stem Cell Summit brings scientists, clinicians, companies and patient advocates from around the world together to share information about medical breakthroughs that were once thought impossible. Now in its 12th year, the Summit is produced by the nonprofit Regenerative Medicine Foundation of Wellington, Florida.
For early information and registration details, visit www.worldstemcellsummit.com.