• Become a member of local or national equestrian trail organizations and encourage your breed or sport organization to support trail and open land advocacy.
• Learn how to minimize your impact on trails through programs like Leave No Trace and encourage other riders to do the same.
• Volunteer with groups that maintain trails in your area.
• Foster stewardship with non-equestrian trail users through positive interactions on shared trails.
• Develop respectful relationships and open communication with private landowners.
• Start a riding club in your community. Local clubs help members advocate for trail needs and maintenance projects, provide a regular source of information on new issues and enable riders to establish a common set of rules for trail etiquette.
For your bookshelf:
[Disclaimer: EQUUS may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on our site. Products links are selected by EQUUS editors.]