11 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for Equestrians
Show your mom how much you care with a Mother’s Day gift that honors her love of horses and all things equestrian. To help you, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite Mother’s Day gift ideas for equestrians. From personalized jewelry and stylish accessories to custom artwork or more practical gifts, there are plenty of horse gifts to choose from. So read on and be inspired to find the perfect gift to show your mom how much you care!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to purchase through one of the links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If your mom loves to look her best while she is at the barn, consider gifting her clothing that matches her style such as a new pair of boots, breeches, jeans, riding gloves, vests, fleece, or a coat.
Here are some additional details that you may want to consider when choosing clothing for an equestrian enthusiast:
- The type of riding that she does. If she does dressage, she will need different clothing than if she does trail riding.
- The weather conditions. If she rides in all weather, she will need clothing that is both stylish and functional.
- Her personal style. Some equestrian enthusiasts prefer a more traditional look, while others prefer trendier styles.
Shop Clothing | Shop Tecovas | Shop Ariat | Shop Outerwear | Shop Durango
2. Jewelry and Accessories
Jewelry and accessories are a terrific way to show your mom how much you love and appreciate her. They can be a beautiful and personal way to express your feelings, and they can also be a practical gift that she will use and enjoy every day. There are many distinct types of jewelry and accessories to choose from, so you can find something that perfectly suits your mom’s style.
- If she loves to dress up, you could get her a necklace, bracelet, or earrings.
- If she prefers a more casual look, you could get her a watch, scarf, or bag.
Shop Jewelry | Shop Horse Jewelry | Shop Handbags
3. Gift Certificate to Her Favorite Shop
This is a wonderful way to let your mom choose her own gift. She will appreciate being able to pick out something she really wants, and it will give her a chance to get something she might not have otherwise purchased for herself. This is also a wonderful way to get something meaningful, quickly. If you are pressed for time, combining a gift certificate with the right card can mean a lot.
4. Gifts She Can Use
Practical items like grooming tools, first aid supplies, multi-tools, or other things routinely used at the barn can make a great gift for Mother’s Day. These items can show your mom that you appreciate her hard work and dedication to caring for her animals.
- Practical items might include brushes, combs, first aid kits for animals, work boots, bags and gloves are also great ideas.
- If they need a replacement for a tool or item, try to see if they love what they already had and want the same one, or if they are looking to try something new and upgrade
Shop Grooming | Shop Work Boots | Shop Gloves | Shop Barn Boots | Shop Bags
5. Piece of Art
A beautiful piece of art is a perfect way to add a touch of elegance to mom’s home or office. There are many unique styles of equestrian art to choose from, so you are sure to find something that she will love. Bonus points if you create a unique print of their favorite horse.
- Consider their unique style and where they might place it
- If the item is intended for outdoor use, make sure it is designed to be in weather
6. Books About Horses or Riding
If your mom is a bookworm, she will love a new book about horses. There are many different types of books available, from fiction to non-fiction, so you can find something that she will enjoy reading. If they are not an avid reader, but spend time traveling, you might want to consider an audio book, or subscription to an audio book service.
Shop Equine Books | Gift Audible
7. Gift Basket filled with Goodies
This is a fun and creative way to show your mom how much you care. Fill a basket with her favorite snacks, drinks, and equestrian-themed items and she is sure to love it. Services like edible arrangements, flower delivery options or high-end chocolates are also an option if you do not live close to them or are unable to visit to celebrate and deliver a gift in person.
- You can get a gift basket delivered to their door in most areas
- Consider adding items you think they will love from other categories to make the basket extra special
8. Donation to Her Favorite Charity
This is a thoughtful way to show your mom that you care about the things that are important to her. Make a donation to her favorite equestrian charity in her name, and she’ll be touched by your generosity. There are many horse-related charities to choose from, including those that support research, rescue or retirement and therapeutic riding programs.
9. An Experience
Tickets to events, clinics and other equine attractions can all be great gifts for a mom who loves horses. They can also provide her with an opportunity to learn more about horses and horsemanship, meet other people who share her passion and have a fun and exciting time with her family and friends. There are many different types of horse-related events to choose from, so you can find something that she is sure to enjoy such as a local or international horse show, rodeo, trail ride, clinic, expo, or museum.
10. Personalized Gift
A personalized gift is a unique and thoughtful way to show your mom how much you care. There are many options when it comes to personalized gifts, such as jewelry, clothing or home décor. You can upload a special image to create a customized item or use their name or nickname to create a unique and memorable gift.
Shop Jewelry | Custom Photo Gifts | More Jewelry Options
11. Go Big
Has your mom been dreaming of a new trailer, a custom saddle, or an ATV to help get barn work done faster? Help make her dream come true with a gift she will not soon forget with a big-ticket item.
- If you know the one, she wants is out of your budget, consider pooling funds with siblings or other friends and family to make this Mother’s Day extra special!
Here are some additional tips for choosing a Mother’s Day gift for an equestrian enthusiast:
- Consider her riding style and level of experience. If she is a beginner, she may not need all the latest gear. And if she is more experienced, she may have very specific needs and preferences.
- Think about her personal style. Does she prefer classic or trendy clothing? Does she like to wear jewelry? Choose a gift that reflects her personal taste.
- Do not forget the horse! If your mother has a horse, consider getting her something for her horse as well. This could be a new saddle pad, a grooming brush, or a treat bag.
Don’t miss out! With the free weekly EQUUS newsletter, you’ll get the latest horse health information delivered right to your in basket! If you’re not already receiving the EQUUS newsletter, click here to sign up. It’s *free*!